Monday, December 24, 2012

The comic world as I know it

You probably wouldn't know this but I am still really new to the comic world. I started collecting them after I saw the avengers movie. Sounds kind of stupid but that movie changed me! I used to collect manga until my mom threw them all away. Over a thousand dollars thrown out the door just like that. I was really mad at first but I thought I can always buy them back again but in the mean time since I can't have them around her I would get something else to collect.

When I saw Avengers on May 4th my eyes saw the next best thing, superheroes. I always watched Batman, JLA, and any other superhero show that was on tv but never wanted comics. My friends, parents and I always thought whoever collected comics were nerdy people with no life but I was really wrong. There the coolest people on earth! I regret everything I ever said about those people. The first thing I did after I saw the Avengers was research everything about them, marvel, and superheroes in general.

The first hero I fell in love with was Ant man. He was one of the first Avengers other then the wasp that wasn't in the movie and at the time I didn't understand why. Looking up everything about him I set out in search of his comics. My brother and sister bought my first comic ever. It was Captain America one on my other favorites. It was the best thing ever and that's what began my collection. Comics was on my mind non stop I always had to have more and I actually got more.

The best comic shop that I ever been to was C &C's comic cave. The guys there are the coolest ever and really good friends. This was the place I got my Ant man comic at. I go there every week to just hang out if I don't have enough money or to blow a bunch. Either way I love going down there it makes my week. I'm always looking forward to hanging out there. The guys teach me about superheroes I never heard of and tell me a lot of really cool things about each hero and villain. I never know what where going to talk about but whatever it is I know I'm having fun listening to them.

Now I would have to say I am kind of a nerd. I was never a prep or a jock just a somebody. Hate there brands of cloths so I wear marvel shirts, movie ones, deadmau5 shirts ( dubstep music) or anything else that I find interesting.

I now have over 200 comics which is increasing every week, my room is filled with marvel stuff and my knowledge of superheroes is increasing little by little. There is still so much of this world I have yet to know but for now just bare with this noob. I shall soon know more about this magical stuff but right now I shall share what I already know about it with you by posting blogs about comics I read or anything else.

Thank you for reading my blog. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment