Saturday, May 18, 2013

Star Trek into darkness





Well I finally saw the movie I've been waiting to see and I have to tell you I had some mix feelings about it. First off, I've never watched the original Star Trek Kahn movie so I would know much about how they both are similar ( I shall watch it this week though). The second thing is I brought a real Star Trek fan to the movie and he almost cried from it which is saying something. I felt so bad and still do!


How I felt? I overall thought the movie wasn't bad. It wasn't as good as I hoped it would be but it wasn't bad. I've only ever watched 1 episode of the first Star Trek, a couple next gen. which is my favorite so far and maybe one or two of the other series. With that being said I don't know any or very much about the original Star Trek. 


I feel both are good though. Most people just want to watch the new one because it "looks cool" or "it has good graphics" but what about the older show? Yes I will admit I felt the same way when I watched the one in 2009 but I also thought it sounded interesting. I watched some of the older stuff and liked it a lot. The JJ Abrams one isn't like the older one but I feel it was trying to get every generation to watch something based on the older show must twisted in a new way.  Yes it's not like the old show but times are changing really fast. People are wanting more movies with graphics and I will admit sometimes we don't need them. There's nothing wrong with filming a movie with little graphics and a good solid storyline. 




Like I said I don't know much about it and a lot of people out there (the true fans) WILL NOT agree with me but hey, it dost hurt to watch both and compare them even if it hurts you a little or a lot. Maybe one day I can finally finish watching all the episodes and truly decide for myself which was better or if they both were good. Who knows? :)









No comments:

Post a Comment