Sunday, January 6, 2013

Comic shop's in general

As I said before I'm still kind of new to the comic world. What shocks me is its almost a year and I know what I would consider a lot but to others very little. One thing I know for sure is what comic shops are good and bad.

For just about every comic shop you expect the people to know what the hell your talking about. If you wants certain issue they know where it is, have it or can get it for you, if you have a question about a superhero or villain they know everything about it, stuff like that. There is probably only 2 comic shops I went to that I got to know or been to a few times that the people know what the hell there talking about.


I've been to a comic shop called DC comics close to my house about 5 times and 4 of them were really quick visits. The people are really nice and love to help you out which is awesome. It's kind of tiny but that doesn't bother me. The one comic shop I know well is called C & C's comic cave. They know what the hell there talking about. Ask them a question and they know it right away. I've been going to this shop for awhile now and I really like it. There shop is inside a place called Saturday's market which is cool. There hoping to get a shop soon and when they do its totally my new hang out joint.






On the other hand there are some shops that don't know anything at all. The first one that comes to my mind is Dimension X. This shop is also located in Saturday's market as well. I went to this stand for a bit until C & C's comic cave because they had a shit load of comics 20 for 5 and 50 for 10. Sounds like a good deal but trust me you literally have to dig for some good stuff if you can find some. They told me awhile ago that C & C's comic cave had crap and there stand was cheaper so at the time I believed it. I was buying some of the 20 for 5 at the time and this guy agreed with him. He said this " Yea that's right. Dimension X is probably one of the best comic shops ever. The other comic shops in this market are pieces of shit. If you want some good comics you've got to come here. I've been going here for what.... 2 1/2 years and I'm still coming back for more comics." ........ Yea surprised I remembered that but how could I not. The guy sounded pissed and looked like he was going to kill someone. The owner Jason agreed with him, shook his had and the guy left saying he would be back next week.


Now remember this, I didn't know that much about the other shop until I went to it a few times back and forth from D to C. I had a lot of comics I wanted and C ( just going with that) had almost all of them and cheaper then D. I stopped going there and was glad. Occasionally I went there to ask if they had an issue neither had and when I asked ( this is funny) the guys looked at each other, shook there heads laughed a little and said we don't know what your talking about.

What the hell! If you have a comic shop you should at least know something about them. I asked about Ant man, marvel zombies, secret invasion and marvel fairytales. They didn't know anything. I bet if I asked them about batman they wouldn't know who the heck I was talking about or even flash. Another shop didn't know what I was talking about and if they did it was all wrong. They had high prices so I didn't buy from them.


I don't know much about comic shops but I do know this. If you don't know what your talking about and are just selling the stuff for money you need to get the !$#* out of the comic industry. Your just effecting everyone else and making them look bad. My recommendation don't go to Dimension X if you live near then. It's not worth your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment